Welcome to another edition of Soft in the Paint’s NBA Drip Power Rankings! Be sure to check this space often for fresh rankings of the league’s premier pregame fits.
Today’s rankings are based upon the slate of NBA games played from Jan. 1st – Jan. 8th:
- James Johnson – Sound the alarms! Trench coat drip alert!! This is not a drill!!! Johnson looked to stay warm with the Dallas Mavericks visiting the Denver Nuggets this week. The karate guru, nicknamed Bloodsport, rocked a hoodie under the trench coat earning him bonus points on the super secret formulaic drip rankings algorithm.
- Blake Griffin – The Detroit Pistons star shined in this sheepskin lined denim jacket fit. The stone ground mustard brown palette from head-to-toe-to-bag completed what was easily one of the drippiest looks of the week.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander – SGA at it again, this time with a sugary white Fruit Loops hoodie. Nom nom nom.
- Willie Cauley-Stein – Trill looked comfy cozy in his Cashmere (maybe Mohair??) sweater. Side note: Cashmere and Mohair are two of the most luxurious yarns in the world, both of which are made from the soft underbelly hair of goats. Which leads me to… WCS has been a bit of a GOAT himself lately. The Mavs are now 2-0 since his insertion into the starting lineup as he has anchored their defense to two quality wins in a row against the Rockets and Nuggets.
- Jordan Clarkson – The Jazz 6th man crushed it with this plaid skirt drip. The yellow ‘70s athletic socks and bumblebee sneakers rounded out his honey-sweet fit.
6. Jordan Clarkson – In a drip rankings first, Clarkson shows up TWICE in the same week! And why wouldn’t he? This ‘90s look is literally fire. I think it’s safe to say we could all use more smiley face and flame drip in our lives.
7. Ben Simmons – Big Ben siren song’d my sweet tooth with this icy Neapolitan puffy jacket. The versatile Simmons has helped lead the 76ers to an Eastern Conference best record of 7-2.
8. Wendell Carter Jr. – Once a Duke Blue Devil always a Duke Blue Devil. Speaking of, this sweat fit cold enough to melt the devil’s lair! The 3rd year pro is not having trouble staying hot on the court, averaging a rebound shy of a double double for the Chicago Bulls.
9. Kevin Durant – The Slim Reaper tugged at my heart-strings with this relaxed flannel look. Oh yea, and those Travis Scott Air Jordan 1s are nice! Unfortunately, KD is not playing for 7 days due to Covid protocols (he tested negative but was exposed to someone who tested positive). This exposure will sideline him 4 games as a result. The Nets need him back soon, as they are trying to maintain a record above .500 in the upstart Eastern Conference.
10. D’Angelo Russell – DLo with the pink shoelaces and matching jacket shined in the Ball Arena tunnel. That said, the mask is what truly sealed the deal for the star point guard. Masks not only greatly reduce the spread of Covid, they are now proving a vital piece for tying together a proper fit!
Prewitt Scott-Jackson writes prose poetry & small fiction. Prewitt prefers *short* walks on the beach because, and I quote, “It’s really hard to walk on sand.” Find more words & blarney from PSJ on the interweb super highway at allsalinitylost.com