1. The road to Hell is paved with mousetraps
2. If at first you don’t succeed, try dynamite
3. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a lighted match while seated on a rocket
4. What goes up, must come down into a canyon
5. Gravity is mightier than the coyote
6. Acme is the mother of invention
7. He who hesitates is run over by a speeding train
8. Coyotes who live in glass houses shouldn’t buy a wrecking ball
9. When the going gets tough, the tough hit the side of a mountain
10. Fortune favors the roadrunner.
Nancy Franklin has been published in The Daily Drunk, Points In Case and the Los Angeles Times. She enjoys cold beer and flaming shots of tequila, even when writing. Follow her on Twitter, @mirthquakes_.